Application for the Mambo Digital 2020/2021 Scholarship opens September 2, 2019 and close February 2, 2020
Mambo Digital Africa a subsidiary of Bright Spark Foundation is pleased to announce its 2019/2020 scholarships, offering a full scholarship for merit based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College, or institute of higher learning abroad.
Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non-qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility include:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying Abroad.
- Currently enrolled as Sixth Form or Equivalent.
- Aiming to study STEM-related courses in a University or college Abroad.
- Demonstrable future ambition
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their penultimate secondary or senior school are eligible to apply.
- Bonded to return to native country
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
Mambo Digital awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate ambition and prove their academic excellence as well as their desire to study as full-time students in a STEM-related course at any University.
List of accepted and not accepted courses. Note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to the courses listed.
Accepted: Agriculture, Engineering courses, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Construction Technology, Food Science Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Home Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Industrial Chemistry, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology,
Not Accepted: Accounting, Arts, BA degree, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Business Statistics, Catering/Hospitality, Commerce, Community Health, Dentistry and Dental Surgery, Developmental Studies, Diploma, Economics, Education/Teaching, Finance and Operation Research, Financial Management, Gender Studies, Graphics Design, Guidance & Counselling, Health Education, Health Information Management, Health Sciences Management, International Finance, International Relations, Journalism, Law, Library and Information Sciences, Mass Communication, Medical Lab Science, Medicine and Surgery, National Diploma, Nature Conservation, Nursing, Paramedics, Political science, Procurement, Project Management, Psychology, Physiology, Physiotherapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Public Administration, Public Health, Real Estate, Recreation and Leisure Management, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Secondary Studies, Secretarial Studies, Social Science, Social Science in Economics, Sociology, Supplies Chain Management, Textile Technology, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Veterinary Medicine.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application will include the following:
- The application form filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of why the scholarship should be awarded to you
- Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the Mambo Digital scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the Mambo Digital scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education Abroad and its impact on research, development, or advancement African economies.
3. In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
4.Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
5. A written declaration/commitment that on completion of studies you return to native country